Pages

Trenched

Monday, November 19, 2012


Happy Monday!
It is Thanksgiving week and I'm pretty excited to get these holidays going but I'm not looking forward to the 10+ pounds of weight from the over indulgence I'm about to endure. 
The weather has been quite perfect and I hope it continues throughout the rest of the week.
It's been just cool enough to break out the new trench coat and I can't say enough how much to love wearing this thing. It looks great on, it goes with everything, and keeps me just the right amount of warm in this 65-70 degree Texas weather. On this particular day I wore it with an above the knee dress and some slouchy brown boots. The dress is black so I wanted to tie in something else with the same color so I stole my boyfriends black trouser socks. They worked perfect! My boot socks never seem to want to stay up around my calves but these did and the simplicity of the black socks looked great with the slouchy leather boots. Last year I stole his Gap sweaters and wore them with tights which worked great and his flannels are always a great winter pj choice. I bet he never suspected he had a closet gnome on his hands....







Trench coat: Banana Republic, similar
Dress: Forever21(no longer available)
Scarf: Houston Nutcracker market find
"Boot socks" : stolen from boyfriend
Boots: Frye


No comments:

Post a Comment